International Museum of Women's Privacy Statement
COMMITMENT TO YOUR PRIVACY
INFORMATION INTERNATIONAL MUSEUM OF WOMEN COLLECTS
- This site is owned and operated by the International Museum of Women ("Museum"). We understand you value your privacy. At the Museum, we want to make your experience online satisfying and safe. This statement governs information you provide to us or we learn from your use of this website and tells you how we may collect, use and in some instances share this information.
The International Museum of Women gathers two types of information about this website's users:
International Museum of Women gathers user information in the following processes:
- Personal information that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions, such as email and online registration forms to the Museum. Personal information means any information that may be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to, your name, home address, telephone number, e-mail address, and credit card information such as the credit card number, card verification value, and the billing address. The types and amount of personal information collected for these activities will vary depending on the type of activity.
- The Museum also gathers non-personal information through aggregated tracking information derived mainly by tallying page views throughout our sites. This non-personal information collected includes click-throughs, IP addresses, and usage data. This non-personal information allows us to better tailor our content to site users' needs.
- Voluntary Information Collection
We ask the user for personal information when users submit art work for the online exhibit. This personal information submitted includes: name, nationality, date of birth, address, telephone, and email address. In addition, registered users may create a user-profile on the website. Finally, users may also make purchases on the website. This requires additional personal information such as the credit card number of the user.
- Usage tracking
We track product usage data to improve the services we offer to our users. We collect user traffic patterns throughout our site. This information is collected to help improve site flow and usability. In addition, we track click-through information, including IP addresses, to our site from the reports and emails we sent to our customers. This is done to gauge the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns and to discourage fraudulent use. However, we do not correlate this information with the personal information of individual users.
INTERNATIONAL MUSEUM OF WOMEN USE OF INFORMATION
We use the personal information about you stored in our member database in various ways:
- First, the personal information collected allows us to facilitate and track online donations to the Museum.
- Second, the personal information collected allows the Museum to sell tickets online to Museum events.
- Third, users' personal information allows us to collect art work submissions to populate the online exhibit.
- Finally, we may communicate with you regarding future exhibits and other events at the Museum. You may choose to opt-out of receiving these communications.
We do aggregate information about how our website is used (without specific identification to any particular user) to be able to improve our website and make it more responsive to our users' preferences.
Consistent with the federal Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requiring parental consent. Any person who provides their personal information to the International Museum of Women through this web site represents that they are 13 years of age or older.
- User Access
Users have access to their personal information and you may update the information you provide.
INTERNATIONAL MUSEUM OF WOMEN TRANSFER AND INFORMATION SHARING POLICY
We do not share personal information collected on this web site with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We provide personal information to trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing personal information on our behalf. The Museum does not share personal information about site users with third parties unless doing so is appropriate to carry out a user's request or it reasonably believes that doing so is legally required or is in the Museum's interest to protect its property or other legal rights or the rights or property of others.
- Merger or Bankruptcy
If the Museum should ever file for bankruptcy or have its assets sold to or merge with another entity, information the Museum receives from you from this web site is an International Museum of Women asset and may be transferred.
INTERNATIONAL VISITORS AND CUSTOMERS
This web site is hosted in the United States. If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law please note that you are transferring your personal data to the United States which does not have the same data protection laws as the EU and by providing your personal data you consent to:
- the transfer of your personal data to the United States as indicated above.
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make reasonable efforts to ensure security on our systems. We use secure server software (SSL) and firewalls to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software.
If the Museum learns of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using this web site or providing personal information to us you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of this site. The Museum may post a notice on our web site if a security breach occurs. If this happens, you will need a web browser enabling you to view the Museum's web site. The Museum may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us at email@example.com.
CHANGES AND UPDATES
CONTACTING INTERNATIONAL MUSEUM OF WOMEN
Postal Mail Address:
International Museum of Women
PO Box 190038
San Francisco, CA 94119
International Museum of Women
101 Howard Street, Suite 480
San Francisco, CA 94105
Attention: Privacy Officer
If you have a privacy concern regarding the International Museum of Women or this policy and if you cannot satisfactorily resolve it through the use of this web site you should then write to: firstname.lastname@example.org. In the event that we are still unable to resolve your concerns the International Museum of Women is committed to cooperating to achieve a proper resolution of your privacy concerns.
Effective Date: 03-01-2006